1) Dehydration - The skin is made up of a large percentage of water the skin becomes drier with age, so the older you are the harder you have to work to retain moisture in your skin. Drinking plenty of water flushes out toxins, helps fight dark under-eye bags and of course helps to fight wrinkles. Institute BCN's MesoAge Hyaluronic Acid Treatment (£73 for 40ml) replenishes levels of the moisture-retaining filler Hyaluronic Acid in the skin to help re-hydrate and re-plump the skin for a healthy, youthful glow; protecting the epidermis, preventing water loss and smoothing the appearance of wrinkles. Another key product is Oxynergy Paris Hydration Intense Moisturiser (£40 for 50ml); a non-greasy cream formulated especially for normal to dry skin, which has hydration and anti-aging properties that both prevent and repair skin damage and aging.
2) Wrinkles - Collagen and elastin fibres in the skin decrease as we age, causing loss of elasticity. This results in aged, sagging skin and wrinkles, which accelerate when the skin is dehydrated too. Oxynergy's Hyaluronic Acid Filler (£48 for 30ml) contains moisturising and anti-aging ingredients including Hydromanyl and Hyaluronic Acid to help fill fine lines and maintain a hydrating moisture reserve without oiliness or stickiness.
3) Dullness - Skin can seem grey and lifeless when dead skin cells build up. The skin's natural renewal process slows down as we age so needs a little help by exfoliating products like Oxynergy's non-abrasive Enzymatic Peeling Cream (£30 for 200ml) which removes impurities and dead skin and enhances the absorption of other treatments. You can use a more robust exfoliant on the rough skin on the rest of the body, try mixing sea salt with olive oil and rubbing the mixture onto the skin in circular motions.
4) Malnutrition - In winter we tend to crave hearty, stodgy foods to warm us up instead of light, nutrient-rich salads, but don't fear! You can re-nourish your skin with Institute BCN's MesoVita cream (£82 for 40ml), which contains essential acids including polyunsaturated fatty acids and omega-3 & 6, vitamins A, E, C, F, B-complex and K, and the minerals manganese, iron, zinc, magnesium and calcium. This vital bio-nutrition revitalizes the tone and texture of damaged skin, stimulates cell renewal and nourishes deep down for a healthy glow.
|Institute BCN's MesoCare Range|
6) Discoloration - MesoBlanche Melano Treatment (£68 for 40ml) is a depigmentation cream that helps to diminish hyperpigmentation, age spots, uneven skin tone, blemishes and sun damage to leave skin healthy and flawless. MesoBlanche also increases cell production by activating cellular respiration and oxygenation, and gently eliminates dead skin-cells, plus it contains soothing plant extracts and is SPF 30 to protect against damaging UV rays. Winner! Remember to check out any persistent skin abnormalities with a dermatologist.
|Oxynergy Paris products|
7) Damage - Smoking, tanning beds, environmental pollution and the sun are just some of the factors that can damage skin. The sun is a major cause of premature skin aging, so use products with a built-in SPF, yes, even in winter as skin-damaging UVA rays still penetrate clouds AND windows! As much as possible try to detox your skin of the things you know don't do you any good: alcohol, tobacco, fatty foods, sugar... (the list goes on)... detox before you re-tox!
The principles above don't just apply to the face- our whole bodies deserve a little TLC this winter.
Oxynergy Time Exception Body Cream (£40 for 200ml) contains active ingredients and shea butter for effective anti-aging and moisturising results.
Institute BCN's MesoCell Adipo Treatment (£65 for 140ml) targets the cellulite that typically formulates on the lower body, by accelerating the body’s natural fat reduction mechanisms, boosting blood circulation, combating water retention and gently toning and tightening for smoother, stronger skin.
It is never too soon to take care of your skin, and remember, skin is for life, not just for Christmas!