Personally Autumn/ Winter is my favourite season, in regard to beauty my skin tone could be described as pale at best (I like to refer to myself as an English rose, as it gives the impression my skin tone is actually a fashion statement) therefore autumn/winter beauty trends suit me much better than spring/summer! This year’s trends in particular are making me excited for the arrival of the autumn months. I must warn you, the following summary of top new beauty trends contains some controversial suggestions……
1. Brown Eyes – Chocolates, toffees, caramels, coffee, pick a colour and go for it. Smoky is good, if you’re feeling adventurous, horizontal lines across the eye are also popular.
2. Red lips – YAAAAAY!!!! I can’t express my excitement enough. I don’t really need an excuse to use red lipstick as I LOVE this colour. You don’t need to go post box red, pick a shade that suits your skin tone, but strong and vibrant is the way to go. Deep purples have also made an appearance giving a bit more of a grunge feel.
|Dolce and Gabanna|
3. Nude Eyelashes – Yes, that means no mascara. I told you there would be some controversy. Well I don’t know what to say about this. I guess it saves money. It’s going to be hard to pull off this trend without looking like you missed out a step of your make up routine. I guess you could compromise with clear mascara, or at least step away from the false eyelashes; minimalism is key. Quite honestly I do believe this trend will stay on the catwalk.
4. Brows – controversial too. Think thick and dark. I do much prefer this trend to the ‘plucked with in an inch of its life brow’ which seems to be sweeping the nation, much to my disgust. If your not convinced, bushier eyebrows make you look younger….. FACT…..Sort of.
5. Clear complexion –Perfectly finished healthy glowing skin is a must. There’s some new trends emerging in beauty treatments which can help to achieve this; Mesotherapy is the big one, it’s a new non invasive treatment that works wonders for lines and complexions. Oxygen treatments are also big, good if you live in the city as it can help restore damage done from pollution.
So there you go; my top 5 trends for autumn/winter 2010/2011.You might need to tone them down a bit and adjust colours for your skin tone, but there’s defiantly some great achievable looks out there.
Until next time!