Wednesday 4 August 2010

All the loverrrrrs....and hates of Autumn/Winter

Each member of the Furore PR team will take it in turn each week to write about a chosen topic.


I get the lucky job of being the first to write something interesting and I’ve decided to shout about which trends from the upcoming Autumn/Winter 2010-11 season I’m really excited about and which trend I’d rather wait to come back round again!

Last week in the office we noticed that there was a lot of talk about the new trends, it featured in The Times, Grazia, ELLE Collections and my absolute personal fave, Stylist magazine.

So, the general round up of key trends for next season are:
  • Military
  • Minimal
  • Grey
  • Navy
  • Camel
  • 1950’s
  • Maxi skirts
  • Leopard Print
  • Velvet
  • Sheepskin/Aviator

Trends I’m looking forward to….

Grey - I’m a big fan of the colour grey; it goes with pretty much anything and can break up an outfit or add something different. Most people would rely on black as an option to play it safe, but I say if all else fails turn to grey.


Epoque


1950s - Thanks to Mad Men, January Jones, Christina Hendricks et al, the 1950s silhouette is going to be huge, I love that women get to celebrate the curves in all the right places and have an excuse to look smart 24/7 –  two thumbs up for that!



Epoque


Prada

Sheepskin - Absolutely love, love, love, the sheep skin / aviator look. Not really a fan of flying, but Burberrys Aviator jacket makes me want to take up flying lessons just so I’ve got an excuse to wear it! I’ve got my eye on the Topshop versions – big high 5 from me!

  
Burberry Prorsum


Topshop

Now for the trends I’m not too keen on…..

  
Camel – Not again?? Wasn’t it just last year that camel was on trend, can we move on? This has been a topic of discussion in the FPR office, with me being the only one that’s not feeling the camel trend. Sorry to all of you who like camel, dare I say I find it boring??

  
Maxi skirts – the trend that I’ve got the biggest gripe with. Maybe its because I’m not incredibly tall, but the thought of wearing a maxi skirt throughout the winter months and having it drag through the rain and puddles doesn’t fill me with joy I’m afraid :(

Looking forward to blogging again, look out for more posts from other members of the Furore PR team coming soon!

Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment